From Chris Kimpton <kimptoc_m...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Portlet.isCacheable?
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2002 18:13:09 GMT
Hi,

> Take a look at the WebPagePortlet, which caches its own content

This does it by creating the ECS element and saving it into the
AbstractPortlet - which seems fine by me...

...just wary of any "gotchas" in the VelocityPortlet - since that
gets Velocity to put the expanded template directly onto the output
stream.

I plan to change this - at least for when caching is turned on - any
reason why I can't just always do this, that is, expand the template
into a string and then wrap it in an ECS StringElement ?

TIA,
Chris

=====
http://www.soccer2002.org.uk - join in and win CA$H!