From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject RE: Jetspeed Proposal: iframe portlet control
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2002 22:36:07 GMT
> Im looking into adding getParent() to AbstractPortlet....
> If we can't set the parent during the portlet tree construction, then
> getParent() will have to reuse the code in JetspeedTool.
> Then we can change JetspeedTool.getPortlet() to simply call
> getPortletByID(id)

Not sure how to add the getParent and setParent methods.
This means changing the current portlet api. Don't think it's a good
idea to add getParent() to the API.
Its easy enough to add the code, but I find these methods to be impl
specific, and setParent (same with setID) should be part of a
construction pattern.

Any ideas....