From "Tomas Kaulakys" <T.Kaula...@omnitel.net>
Subject JetspeedTemplateLocatorService hard to extend
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2002 12:27:30 GMT
Hi,

The problem with JetspeedTemplateLocatorService class is that it is almost impossible to extend.

I was trieing to add a new sort of templates using the Jetspeed directory structure. I managed
to find the entry services.TemplateLocator.classname=org.apache.jetspeed.services.template.JetspeedTemplateLocatorService
in the JetspeedResources.properties file, so the next step was to change the entry so it points
to my own class extending JetspeedTemplateLocatorService. But every basic method of that class
such as locateTemplate(...) is PRIVATE, so that an extending class cannot use it. In fact
the whole class is written in a strange manner, but my questions are -
Is it going to be public in the next release?
How do I extend the TemplateLocator to support later Jetspeed releases?

Tomas Kaulakys