From "Ming Fai" <ming...@hongkong.com>
Subject RE: Server side discussion
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 16:11:48 GMT
I've been with Jetspeed for some months already and I think I know it quite
well. it seems to me most ppl at that forum do not know much about portlets
and portal server. it's somehow a waste of time to read their message.

but they've made one sounding point - a jcp spec should have the support of
the majority of vendors. I'm not sure but I feel it is like, IBM come out to
propose a spec, and then the other vendors do not like it and come out with
a counter proposal. Has IBM invited all the other vendors in the first jsr?
Has Sun invited IBM when proposing the 2nd jsr? Why jcp allow two jsr with
the same (or at least, v similar) nature? (if my above 'assumption' is
correct) Such childish practice does harm the Java community!

Regards,
mingfai