From Norman Schöneich <schoene...@ecooperate.de>
Subject AW: Simple Question ? Hope ! Entry Point for Page
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 17:14:56 GMT
Ok,
i see that the JetspeedProfilerService parse the parameters in the
getProfile(RunData rundata, CapabilityMap cm) method.

But who calls this method and when ?

I thought, that the entry point is layout/default.vm, then the Screen,
normally Home.vm is called.
But in Home.vm getPane("default") is called, so JetspeedTool.getPane(String
name) is called with the default param,
inside there PortalToolkit.getSet(doc.getPortlets()).getContent(rundata) is
called -> the page is rendered,

or not ?

Normally i just call rundata.getProfile() to get the current profile, but
who and where this profile is set (i found it only
in JetspeedTool and JetspeedSessionValidator.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: David Sean Taylor [mailto:david@bluesunrise.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 7. Januar 2002 17:31
An: Jetspeed Developers List
Betreff: Re: Simple Question ? Hope ! Entry Point for Page

The profiler service does this parsing.
The service is set in the JRP:

services.Profiler.classname=org.apache.jetspeed.services.profiler.JetspeedPr
ofilerService

It then passes the parameters in a ProfileLocator to the PsmlManagerService
to retrieve the PSML file from either the file system or a database:

services.PsmlManager.classname=org.apache.jetspeed.services.psmlmanager.Cast
orPsmlManagerService
-or-
#services.PsmlManager.classname=org.apache.jetspeed.services.psmlmanager.db.
DatabasePsmlManagerService