From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSE] Improvement Development Methodology
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2002 07:04:52 GMT
> TODO - Upgrade Group (PIC: David) --> PIC means Person in Charge
> Current Status:
> Jetspeed support group, and  blla..bla.bla...
>
> Reference
> http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/docs/group.html (This is a sample)

I believe the problem with documenting ongoing feature work is that it
changes too much.
That said, committers should make a proposal for a major piece of work
before embarking on it.
Like the security proposal (0004.txt), or the profiler proposal (0005.txt).
I agree on these points:

a) make proposals before starting on a major feature
b) get the agreement from the group on the proposal
c) put it on the website (instead of in the proposals directory under a
'numbered' document) for everyone to read

> Because, from my experience in PSML Database,
> Honestly it is very great and good product, but i don't see the
> serious convesation, like, etc..I want to know, how can they
> learn it fast.. Damn, you fast develop it..Amazing, half god... ;)

There are docs on the PSML database:
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/site/psml_db.html
But I think I get your point. In the future, we all need to make a better
effort in gathering specifications for proposals from everyone,

David