From ingo schuster <ingo.apa...@web.de>
Subject Re: Portlet API - call to vote
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2002 09:13:32 GMT
Hi All,

best wishes to all of you, a happy new year!
Sorry for not participating for such a long time - I simply didn't find
enough time to contribute to the jetspeed development in a sensible way.
Hope this gets better this year... :-\

I think the JSR question is an important decision and as an "IBMer", I'll
obviousely support the proposal... ;-)

At 06:43 12/29/01, David Sean Taylor wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>With the coming of the new year, I am looking forward to moving on to
>Jetspeed-2.
>
>The first subject to discuss is whether the Jetspeed developers would like
>to support the Portlet API standards effort, and participate in the JCP
>expert group.
>
>I'd like to then call for a vote on:
>
>(1) Does the Jetspeed Community support the Portlet API Standard being
>defined in the Java Community Process (so that it will be standardized in
>the context of J2EE) This implies that we will base Jetspeed-2 on the new
>proposed standard.

+1

>(2) If yes, does the Jetspeed Community want to participate by sending
>Jetspeed Developer(s) to the Portlet API JSR Expert Group ?

+1

I like Davids idea of having a representative who votes according to the
outcome of our voting process!
 > The committer(s) who are expert members of the group will vote.
 > However, we could vote in the usual apache way (+1 -1) on the list, and
 > then have our representatives make the final vote in the JCP group.
+1

ingo.