From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: Server side discussion
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 18:28:22 GMT
Thomas Schaeck wrote:

>When a company posts a JSR, all companies or individuals who are involved
>in the JCP can join the expert group for the JSR. Indeed, several companies
>have already joined the JSR 162 expert group.
>
>Sun and others could also have joined the expert group of the first Portlet
>API JSR and have contributed their ideas there rather than starting a
>second JSR on the same topic.

I see a very positive element in IBM proposal that is not in the other
one: jsr-162 speak explicitly about an Open Source reference
implementation, while jsr-167 speaks not. I would like jsr-167 making it
explicit, either if there is a mix or if this one wins.

I don't like that much their reference to Faces (jsr-127) as an
underlying technology, as Faces is not (yet) community or publicly
available so we cannot check its status and scope.

On the other side, I would like all vendors entering in whatever expert
group develops the spec (if any).

Please keep us informed about further progress of the process as soon as
you can. Thanks in advance.