From Paul Spencer <pau...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Updating the Turbine jar file
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2002 21:25:43 GMT
David,

David Sean Taylor wrote:

> Could you explain what exactly is the problem.

o Need to get number of cached objects. This will display the number of
cached objects in the GlobalAdminPortlet.  This patch has already been
committed. See
http://www.mail-archive.com/turbine-dev%40jakarta.apache.org/msg04799.html

o Need to set the expiration of a cached object.  I am wait on this
patch.  See
http://www.mail-archive.com/turbine-user%40jakarta.apache.org/msg05525.html

> But yes, I don't think its a problem to upgrade the turbine jar, just make
> sure that you don't break anything. It would be nice if we had some kind of
> unit or smoke tests in place for this situation....

Yes, we do need to define some testing.  Their are some build_test_xxx.xml

files in the build directory.  This leads me to believe that automated testing

was setup at one time.  If this was working, would it fulfill the testing requirement?

Paul Spencer