From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: PortletAPI
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2002 11:21:35 GMT
Frans Thamura wrote:

>Dear All,
>
>I want to ask a question about Jetspeed API from IBM.
>
>I think this draft is based on IBM WPS, right????

Not exactly. IBM made this proposal before WPS was released. After
discussion, IBM went on to implement it, while we stalled a little bit
polishing problems with 1.3 implementation.

>There will be a lot of modification from current API right???

Yes. Current API has problems with concurrency, and lacks isolation
between portlets.  Also, it was less scalable than needed for world
class implementations.

>is this will become Portlet API 2.0????
>
>I think that will be good idea, if we open a folder that contains a sample of every class...
Is it relevant?