From "Ignacio J. Ortega" <na...@siapi.es>
Subject RE: How to send a language specific "subject" for new userconfirm ation e-mail
Date Sat, 17 Nov 2001 00:43:39 GMT

> Ignacio
>
> In the case of SendConfirmationEmail.java, their are a few
> places that
> Localization.getString() are used.  I would like to replace
> that code,
> but I have not used the "turbine l10n service".  Can you provide some
> examples or point me to some documentation?

Looking into that, notices.. soon

> If I provide a list of english template files, can you
> translate them to
> spanish for inclusion in the distribution?

Of course.. but i would prefer only use *.properties for that job..  i
dont think it's a good idea to use the directory based localization
service as it's now general localization if it's not really needed, this
way simply doubles the maintenance effort .. whenever templates change
we will need to update a couple or more files.. error prone and very
unpractical..

Rather i see only a set of templates, crafted for "roman" lenguages and
using localization strings inside, and only using separated templates
for languages that really need it..

What do you think..?

Saludos ,
Ignacio J. Ortega