From "Ignacio J. Ortega" <na...@siapi.es>
Subject RE: How to send a language specific "subject" for new user confir mation e-mail
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2001 22:13:01 GMT

> I have updated the new user confirmation email to use a
> template for the
> message.  This will allow a language specific "message" to be
> sent.  To
> complete the task, I need to send a language specific "subject".
>
> Some ways to do this:
> 1) On way is to use entries in JR.p.
>     Disadvantage:  Adds a lot of entries to JR.p
>
> 2) Use Velocity template for subject.  I am already doing this for
>     the message body.
>
> 3) Use Localization.getString().
>     Where are the language specific values stored?

I think the solution is a mix between 2 and 3, use a template but
localized with Turbine l10n service, this way you get best of both
worlds a completely costumizable subject with a localized message easily
configurable..--

> The solution need to be easy for the "Jetspeed administrator"
> to change.

*.properties files is the way to go.., JetspeedLocalization*.java seems
not used right now.. and it's a very bad format.. almost evry ide has a
properties edtiro.. so..

> Ideas, Comments?
>
> Paul Spencer

Saludos ,