From Raphaƫl Luta <raphael.l...@networks.groupvu.com>
Subject Re: customizer broken
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2001 10:51:45 GMT
David Sean Taylor wrote:

>>This is a has been around for a while, nothing new :(
>>

> Well maybe so, but its new to me, and its easily fixed with a simple check
> for null.
>
> Regardless checking for null obviously didn't fix the customizer, nor the
> root of the problem: why is there a portlet named 'PortletSetCustomizer'
> being passed to the PersistenceService (3 times for the Turbine psml) during
> customization, and why is it not found in the portlet set?

* The "_display" parameter is checked for max/min status of a portlet. So if
   it's not found it's not a major issue but it may definitely be caught better.

* PortletSetCustomizer is the portlet that implements the current customizer
   (yes, it's a portlet so it may swapped with a better implementation just
    change the registry entry definition... :) )

* The invokation of the Customizer instead of the base PSML content is decided
   by the "mode" of the currently invoked Turbine screen: if the mode is set to
   "customize" the JetspeedTool loads the customizer instead of the selected
   PSML content (cf JetspeedTool code)

Vivendi Universal Networks - Paris