From Paul Spencer <pau...@apache.org>
Subject Re: new WebPagePortlet and cookies
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2001 17:58:57 GMT
Laura,

So you are requesting that the cookies retrieved from the Server by the
WebPagePortlet will be passed, along with the Server's domain
information [ javax.servlet.http.Cookie.setDomain() ], to the browser?

You may be opening up a security hole on the user's browser.

As to the session, will your server, not Jetspeed, allow the client of a
session to change?

You should be able to write a JSP that retrieve a page from a server and
passes the content, including cookies, to your browser.  Then verify the
server will accept the cookies.

Paul Spencer

Laura lega wrote:

 > Hello.
 >
 > We are trying to understand if using jetspeed could be useful to us.
 > We need to use WebPagePortlet to load data from a server after
 > authenticating against it. Obviously we need to maintain a session
between
 > browser and server.
 > By "managing cookies" I mean the possibility for the browser to get
cookies
 > from the server through WebPagePortlet and to send them back to the
server
 > in subsequent requests. Not only to maintain a session.
 >
 > Are you going to develop something like that?
 > Are you going to include cookies information into RunData object?
 >
 > We have seen you have "put  RunData into WebPagePortlet". Does that
RunData