From Raphaƫl Luta <raphael.l...@networks.groupvu.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon2 / Portlet API
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 19:14:34 GMT
Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> David,
>
> Tracked down the actual commit of this to the todo list
> (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jetspeed-dev&m=100434650613676&w=2) By Raphael.
Sent a few mails
> to Raphael, but no response so far. Is there no one who could shed light on this item?

Sorry about my very erratic response time... :(

Basically with the new Portlet API defined with IBM guys and sitting righnt
now in a branch, we have an API that can handle streamed aggregation or
XML/SAX aggregation.
Now, Jetspeed sits on a Turbine/Velocity/JSP streamed model where each portlet
is responsible for managing its content window and aggreagation is stream based.
The idea of Cocoon 2/Jetspeed was to implement an alternate container with the
same Portlet API but implemented on top of Cocoon 2 (probably as a couple of
generators + a Cocoon webapp) and leveraging the SAX infrastructure of Cocoon 2.
That would provide 2 widely different test beds for portlets and ensure that
portlets are actually portable across implementations.

Right now, this is really a wish list because I have already trouble finding
the energy to follow this mailing-list and work on the current project, let
alone undertake a major alternate implementation...

Vivendi Universal Networks - Paris