From Paul Spencer <pau...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon2 / Portlet API
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 19:11:33 GMT
Dims,
Like David, I was not around when this was proposed.

 From Jetspeed's home page,
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/site/index.html, under the section
"What is Jetspeed", I see yet a third use of Cocoon.
   Jetspeed provides support for templating and content
   publication frameworks such as Cocoon, WebMacro and Velocity

Paul Spencer

Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Paul,
>
> You mean that Cocoon2 will be yet another portlet that can be used directly. Right?
>
> I read the TODO item in a different way:
> "Define a portal implementation on top of Cocoon 2 for the new Portlet API"
>
> I read it as - Cocoon2 will be enhanced to implement a Portlet Container that could contain
> portlets that conform to the latest Portlet API. That was why i was asking for clarification.

> Hmmmm...I need to think about this. Any suggestions, clarifications are welcome.
>
> Thanks,
> dims
>
> --- Paul Spencer <paulsp@apache.org> wrote:
>
>>Dims,
>>The intent is a Cocoon2 portlet.  Right now the only way to use Cocoon,
>>1.x or 2, with Jetspeed is via the WebPagePortlet, which is what I am
>>currently doing.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>Paul Spencer
>>
>>Davanum Srinivas wrote:
>>

>>>Reposting this query as i have not yet received a reply. :-(
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>dims
>>>
>>>PS: I know everyone is busy. BUT.....

Portlet API" at