From Paul Spencer <p...@mikon.com>
Subject Re: WebPagePortlet and cookies
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 12:39:50 GMT
Laura,
Their is currently an effort underway to extend the WebPagePortlet that
will include cookies support.  Below are some questions and comments.
Since the developer doing the work also reads this mailing list, you
answers may help in his effort.

1) As a general rule a web server, jetspeed in this case, will only
   receive cookies that is sets.  So the cookies set by Yahoo are not
   visible to Jetspeed

2) How do you intend on using the Cookie support?
    o Are the cookies user specific?
    o Will the user access the URL, as define in the WebPagePortlet,
      directly and via the WebpagePortlet?

Paul Spencer