From Chris Kimpton <kimptoc_m...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: dbpsml 2
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2001 12:25:53 GMT
Hi,

> --- David Sean Taylor <david@bluesunrise.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I then started tomcat.
> > > I then got a problem that the profile.getDocuments method in
> the
> > > ProfilePeer's returns null.  THIS SEEMS TO BE THE MAIN PROBLEM.
> >
> > You mean profile.getDocument() ?
> > If you look at BaseProfile, it calls into the PsmlManager.
> > The PsmlManager uses the installed service, which must first be
> > initialized.
>
> The problem seems to be that while loading the file based psml, the
> getDocument call, goes to the DBPsmlManagerService and is thus
> trying
> to get the document from the db...  I will see if I can work out
> why
> it does try and use the file based service... that started to load
> it...

I think the way forward is to store the "loading" manager service in
a transient variable of the profile - thus any calls for its document
can be handled via the same manager.

Although this seems a little involved... Perhaps this is because the
committed code imports profiles differently from Atuls original patch
and thus avoid this issue.

What is the bigger picture for this import routine - is it a "hack"
until jetspeed handles starting from nothing in the db and building
up the psml db from that?

Or is there a plan to keep the files/db in sync?

Thanks for any info.
Chris

=====
Need somewhere to Live in London? - Then go to http://freeflats.com