From Chris Kimpton <kimptoc_m...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to send a language specific "subject" for new user confirmation e-mail
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2001 15:38:53 GMT
Hi,

--- Paul Spencer <paulsp@apache.org> wrote:
> I have updated the new user confirmation email to use a template
> for the
> message.  This will allow a language specific "message" to be sent.
> complete the task, I need to send a language specific "subject".
>
> Some ways to do this:
> 1) On way is to use entries in JR.p.
>     Disadvantage:  Adds a lot of entries to JR.p

-1

> 2) Use Velocity template for subject.  I am already doing this for
>     the message body.

+1 - as this is what the patch for manual approvals does  ;-)  The
subject and message are set in the same language specific file.  It
means that the email generation is such that the email object is put
into the velocity context and thus is accessible from the message
body template.

> 3) Use Localization.getString().
>     Where are the language specific values stored?

-1

In JetspeedLocalization*.java

Regards,
Chris