From Davanum Srinivas <d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon2 / Portlet API
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 18:55:11 GMT
Paul,

You mean that Cocoon2 will be yet another portlet that can be used directly. Right?

I read the TODO item in a different way:
"Define a portal implementation on top of Cocoon 2 for the new Portlet API"

I read it as - Cocoon2 will be enhanced to implement a Portlet Container that could contain
portlets that conform to the latest Portlet API. That was why i was asking for clarification.

Hmmmm...I need to think about this. Any suggestions, clarifications are welcome.

Thanks,
dims

--- Paul Spencer <paulsp@apache.org> wrote:
> Dims,
> The intent is a Cocoon2 portlet.  Right now the only way to use Cocoon,
> 1.x or 2, with Jetspeed is via the WebPagePortlet, which is what I am
> currently doing.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Paul Spencer
>
> Davanum Srinivas wrote:
>
> > Reposting this query as i have not yet received a reply. :-(
> >
> > Thanks,
> > dims
> >
> > PS: I know everyone is busy. BUT.....
> >
> > --- Davanum Srinivas <dims@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >>Dev-Team,
> >>
> >>Saw the item "Define a portal implementation on top of Cocoon 2 for the new Portlet
API" at
> >>http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/site/todo.html.
> >>
> >>What does this mean? I searched the archives, both dev and user and could not
found any useful
> >>information.
> >>
> >>FYI, Am an active Cocoon2 committer (and hence would like to increase usage of
C2 in other

=====