From Chris Kimpton <kimptoc_m...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: dbpsml
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2001 14:07:49 GMT
Hi David/Atul,

--- David Sean Taylor <david@bluesunrise.com> wrote:

> Problem is that it doesnt work - not quite sure why - damn Turbine
> with its
> early and late inits() has me fn confused!!
> Looks to me like the DatabasePsmlManager only gets its early init
> called,
> but the CastorPsmlManager only gets its late init.
> It just hangs -- one of those service dependency problems. I think
> the
> BaseProfile uses the PsmlManager before everythings is init'd.
> So I tried to put the importer call into late init, but then it was
> never
> called.

I know you are still trying to integrate this - but I thought I'd
give it a try.

I found that if swapped the JRP entries for PsmlManager and
PsmlImportManager - so that the ImportManager comes first, then it
seems to get further...

...but then I get a table not found error, looking for
JETSPEED_USER_PROFILE.

The strange thing is, if I run the managedb script from the bin and
webapp directories before starting tomcat, then these tables are
present - but when I run tomcat - they seem to disappear.  Is there
some script/torque stuff re-building the db - and even populating it
- as the turbine_user table has entries in - or is it comparing the
db with some schema and removing undefined tables?

I guess I should read more about torque...

Thanks,
Chris

=====
Need somewhere to Live in London? - Then go to http://freeflats.com