From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject RE: cvscommit:jakarta-jetspeed/build/torque/templates/sql/securityControl.vmdefa ult-roles-perms.vm default-secure-passwords.vm
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2001 17:02:05 GMT
En lun, 2001-11-12 a 06:02, David Sean Taylor escribió:
> > in Jetspeed.
> >
> > That is no excuse. You could have still checked in a .zip
> > file. Having two
> > copies of all of the individual Torque files in CVS makes no sense.
> >
> > On top of it, you checked in generated Torque files. Why?
>
> I thought we already discussed that - or is this something different?
> The files in org/apache/jetspeed/om/psml are generated, and I will modify
> the main build to generate them, as soon as we work out which version of
> torque we can use that works.
>

> > > Im leaving it there.
> >
> > Nope. I just gave you a -1. Take it out.
>
> I will take it out when you can provide us with a version of Torque that
> generates OM files that are compatible with the version of Turbine in the
> Jetspeed cvs. Or if we need to update our version of Turbine.jar in the
> jetspeed/lib up to a newer version. However, there are some patches in our
> version of Turbine.jar (turbine-2.2-dev-20010912.jar).

Those patches have not (yet) been applied. I sent them to Jason on
September.

Variable interpolation is broken, both in Turbine-2 and in
jakarta-commons (which implies CVS Turbine).

Also, saving of ExtendedProperties is broken, despite a patch that I
sent more than one year ago to Turbine. Again, it is broken in turbine-2
and jakarta-commons (which, again, implies cvs turbine).

I will publish the patches in my web site ASAP, together with the
history of events, in case people want to have a working feature. They
can choose to apply the patches "on top" of the release.

Maybe we can update to (source) cvs turbine, check in the patches, and
make the build system patch turbine code before building jetspeed.