From "Frans Thamura" <fth4m...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Sample site
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2001 18:17:19 GMT
Dear Jean

Do you use a database connection in your portlet???

Frans

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jean-Christophe Drouet" <jc.drouet@pennylan.com>
To: "Jetspeed Developers List" <jetspeed-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2001 12:46 PM
Subject: Re: Sample site

> Hi Chris,
>
> Some more informations about www.zurban.com.
>
> It's based on a pre 1.3a1. We are running a 2 tiers
> plateform, with MySQL as backend, everything on
> solaris 2.6 / JDK1.3/apache/tomcat/JSP templates.
>
> All of our portlets are really closed to those of the main distribution.
> Most of the dynamic text is rendered through XSL. The static portlets
> uses ECS.
>
> What is really nice with the portlet framework, it's that we can develop
> each portlet independently form  the other, and don't have to bother with
> the final integration. I know that this sounds pretty dummy, but this is
incredibly
> important for a developpement team.
>
> Until now we do not use any feed system, but future will tell !
>
> Jean-Christophe
>
> Chris Kimpton a écrit :
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > --- Jean-Christophe Drouet <jc.drouet@pennylan.com> wrote:
> > > Hi everybody,
> > >
> > > We were looking, a couple of months ago, for sample sites based on
> > > jetspeed. The list was pretty short, be we bet on Jetspeed and
> > > developped
> > >
> > > www.zurban.com, a French city guide.
> > >
> > > We would like to thank all the people who contribute to the
> > > developpement
> > > of this great piece of software, and tell the others to give it a
> > > try.
> > >
> > > Sincerly,
> > >

> > Looks cool! well done.
> >
> > ...although being a pathetic french reader, I tried to subscribe by
> > only entering my pseudonym, password (x2) and my email address and
> > then hit OK.... but then get this error:
> >
> > There has been an Error!
> > Reason:
> >         java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:
> > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
> >         at

com.pennylan.zurban2.modules.actions.AccountMgr.doAdd(AccountMgr.java:114)
> >         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
> >         at

com.pennylan.zurban2.modules.actions.ActionEvent.executeEvents(ActionEvent.j
ava:188)
> >         at

com.pennylan.zurban2.modules.actions.ActionEvent.perform(ActionEvent.java:14
3)
> >         at
> > org.apache.turbine.modules.ActionLoader.exec(ActionLoader.java:122)
> >         at

org.apache.turbine.modules.pages.DefaultPage.doBuild(DefaultPage.java:148)