From ICM S CP guest 5 <ICM-S-CP.gues...@icn.siemens.de>
Subject RE: JetSpeed installation
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2001 09:06:05 GMT
Hi,

I've heard that the installation of servlets in tomcat 4.0 is different than in 3.2.

I'am using tomcat 3.2 and for the jetspeed installation I simply copied the jetspeed.war file
into the tomcat webapps directory. After restarting tomcat, the .war file creates a directory
for jetspeed and all necessary subdirs/files. In your jetspeed root-directory there should
be a web.xml file. This file configures tomcat for use with your jetspeed.

To start jetspeed go to: http://localhost:8080/jetspeed
If it doesn't work try this: http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/index.jsp

Check your installation file/s - version.

Good luck,

Andreas

-----Original Message-----
From: quoc nguyen [mailto:qhnguyen@cxf.co.jp]
Sent: Mittwoch, 17. Oktober 2001 05:48
To: jetspeed-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: JetSpeed installation

Hi all,
I' just installed Tomcat/JetSpeed in my local PC and when I start it as http://localhost:8080/jetspeed
the browser displays the directory structure of JetSpeed but the Welcome page. I don't know
if that's right or I miss something. As the installation guide of JetSpeed, it said that when
we start JetSpeed we can log in as the default user with user as admin and password as jetspeed
but I can not find such feature in my starting page.
Please let me know if that's the right start
Thanks for any help
Quoc