From ICM S CP guest 5 <ICM-S-CP.gues...@icn.siemens.de>
Subject Opensource Development - Coding guidelines
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2001 11:01:09 GMT
Hi,

after stepping thru some jetspeed sources I found it very confusing, reading and understanding
the code.

I programmed the same way a year ago.
But then I started to use coding guidelines.

Coding guidelines can specify how the definition of a variable, object, parameter, function,
... looks like.

e.g. every Integer variable starts with an i:  int iValue;
or Parameters using an p like: function callMe (int piAge, String pstName)
and so on...

Some advantages:
- Code is better readable
- Faster identification of a variable/object/parameter
- Code is upgradeable
- Faster programming - it's easier to find names because the names are more specific (iAge,
stAge, ...)

Andreas