From "Ignacio J. Ortega" <na...@siapi.es>
Subject Bugzilla!!
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2001 20:59:04 GMT
Hola a todos:

I think we need to powerup the use of bugzilla, for us and for the users
to report his problems, is a good way to track issues.., but i think now
in the BugZilla jetspeed config there are some issues i would like to
comment and in the case to vote and do ( i can do them )..

1) Create New Components ? what do you think we need ?

2) Delete olds ones ? what do you think we dont need ?

3) Will Bugzilla mail be redirected to the list ( jetspeed-dev ) ? or
will have component owners and private mail?

I prefer the first option, publicity is very good for bugs, we at Tomcat
have a very good experience by dooing that , people feels motivated to
jumping and help, more review of comment to bugs.., i think this will
make a best communitty..

3b) if option 2 in the last question is preferred i think we need to
spread resposabilities out of Raphael, as he is now the owner of almost
all components, we will have better responsiveness to bugs, is good to
have a quick turnaround on bugs..,

Dont misinterpret me i not doing any judgement on Raphael ( is our local
God and he deserves the role :), only making apreciations how to make
JetSpeed project work better.. and help to do so if i can..

Sorry for the Jump in and for consider myself part of your communitty
without ask first ;))

But now i think JetSpeed is on the way to big popularity ( when released
) and we need to be prepared :), Thanks all.. Great Work..

Saludos ,
Ignacio J. Ortega