From Atul Dambalkar <adamb...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: 1.3a2 release
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2001 18:03:50 GMT
At 06:26 PM 10/11/01 -0700, you wrote:
>Atul,
>
>Im looking at the Peer classes that I generated for Hypersonic and Oracle.
>Except for the timestamp, the java source seems to be exactly the same.
>
>I think what needs to be added is a webapp/torque directory:
>
>webapp/torque
>     |-----database
>     |-----lib         (we can add the necessary jars to jakarta-jetspeed/lib
>and drop this since many are common)
>     |-----schema      (has your dbpsml-schema.xml)

I also found one problem with the generated SQL from Torque for Oracle.
Since, the schema defines Index and Unique constraint on same set of
columns. What Oracle does is, it automatically creates indexes on columns
with unique constraint and specifying another unique constraints on the
same set of columns, causes it to crib that the constraint on those columns
exists. I tried to look into SQL specs for Index and Unique constraints,
but couldn't find any semantics on unique constraint should be implemented
in relational databases. If its a generic feature of all the relational
databases to automatically generate indexes on columns with unique
constraints, we can slightly modify the schema to get rid of specific index
on same set of columns.

>     |-----src         (the generated SQL for hypersonic, the default db -
>which will also exist in om)
>     |-----templates
>     build.properties
>     build.xml
>
>While we are doing this, we could also drop all the scripts in
>src/sql/external and add the turbine-schema.xml for turbine)
>In fact we could combine the two xml files.

Yes..sounds perfect.

Thanks for handling all that, David.

-Atul