From Atul Dambalkar <adamb...@cisco.com>
Subject Jetspeed with DatabasePsmlManagerService
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2001 18:56:26 GMT
Hi David,

I am getting back to the testing of DatabasePsmlManagerService...

Here is first bug that I got(I think it can be attributed to the
ProfilerService)
1. Created user "test1" from CreateAccount page.
2. ProfilerService created user "test1" Profile Schema with the following
ProfileLocator parameters:
User=test1, Media-Type=html
Note, there are no other parameters defined in the Profile object by the
ProfilerService
It also created user in turbine_user table as expected.
3. While fetching the profile for the same user, when "test1" logs in,
here is how profiler's fallback algo worked:
User=test1 Page=default.psml MediaType=html Country=US Language=en
User=test1 Page=default.psml MediaType=html Language=en
User=test1 Page=default.psml MediaType=html
User=test1 Page=default.psml
Page=default.psml

And hence it fails, to get profile PSML for user "test1" as database record
doesn't have page name "default.psml", and instead gets the default page
which it finds. So may be while creating Profile object for user,
ProfilerService should also use, the Page name (and locale specific
parameters language and country if available).

Also, I would like to have some opinion on how the testing can be done for
other databases that Jetspeed/Torque supports. I am testing it on Oracle
right now..

-Atul