From Chris Kimpton <kimptoc_m...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: PROPOSAL - optional disclaimer page upon user login...
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2001 14:39:21 GMT
Hi,

> It would work like this, at the end of JLoginUser, if the user has
> logged in, and the feature is switched on, check for a
> "disclaimershown" entry in the user get temp storage.
>
> If not found, send them to a disclaimer screen.  Obviously the one
> that will be with jetspeed will be completely dummy.  They then
> press
> an accept button to continue.  Once this is pressed, the
> "disclaimershown" flag is set to true.
>
> There would probably be a reject button too, which logs them out.

This was easier that I thought - since there is no need to track the
disclaimershown flag - if they are in the JLoginUser action, then
they are logging and need to see the disclaimer...

...but I want to not show the disclaimer for users with the "admin"
role.  So I want to do data.getACL().hasRole("admin") in the
JLoginUser - but this is only setup in the AccessController routine
that is called after the login...

Do I need to call it earlier myself?  Access the roles information
directly?  Is this a bug in Turbine?  Am I doing the check in the
wrong place - is there a bit hook point for ensuring a disclaimer is
shown?

Thanks,
Chris

=====