From Chris Kimpton <kimptoc_m...@yahoo.com>
Subject PROPOSAL - optional disclaimer page upon user login...
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2001 17:31:16 GMT
Hi,

I could just extend JLoginUser locally - but just wanted to see if
this would be of use to anyone...

We need to display a disclaimer page every time a user logs in (yuck,
I know...).

I could submit a patch for this to be an optional feature.

It would work like this, at the end of JLoginUser, if the user has
logged in, and the feature is switched on, check for a
"disclaimershown" entry in the user get temp storage.

If not found, send them to a disclaimer screen.  Obviously the one
that will be with jetspeed will be completely dummy.  They then press
an accept button to continue.  Once this is pressed, the
"disclaimershown" flag is set to true.

There would probably be a reject button too, which logs them out.

Otherwise nothing different happens - they're personal page is shown.

So - is this of use to the wider Jetspeed community?

Regards,
Chris

=====
Need somewhere to Live in London - http://freeflats.com