From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject RE: Jetspeed with DatabasePsmlManagerService
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2001 06:14:40 GMT

If no page parameter is defined, the Castor impl. is using "default.psml" as
the default page.
So my guess is that you aren't storing anything if page parameter is not
set.

> And hence it fails, to get profile PSML for user "test1" as
> database record
> doesn't have page name "default.psml", and instead gets the
> default page

Perhaps the Profiler should set the default page name when none is supplied.
This is not currently how it works.
The part I don't like is that the profiler seems to be working
inconsistently.
On creation, it does not automatically fill-in the default page.
Yet when locating, it sets the default page to "default.psml" in the
ProfileLocator.
It should work consistently. What about if we always set the page to the
default (if it hasn't already been set) in the profiler?
I believe that is what you'd like to see, right?

> Also, I would like to have some opinion on how the testing
> can be done for
> other databases that Jetspeed/Torque supports. I am testing
> it on Oracle
> right now..

In theory, it should be as easy as changing the TRP properties (depending on
how portable your implementation is ...)
How did you create your database tables, with Torque or with Oracle DDL?
If you didn't use Torque, we will also need scripts to create the tables for
each supported database like in src/sql/external.

I can test hypersonicSQL and mySQL easily here.

David