From Chris Kimpton <kimptoc_m...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Can we upgrade to the latest turbine 2.2b1 please?
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2001 20:05:05 GMT
Hi,

--- Santiago Gala <sgala@hisitech.com> wrote:
> If
> anybody can  point me to the right jar file *and* the right
> changelog
> comment saying where the jar comes from and where to fetch the
> exact
> source files to reconstruct it, I'll do the update.

The turbine sources I started from are for the turbine-2 source tree
of Sep 4, approximately 10:20 GMT.

Not a very satisfactory, I know - but no worse than what is being
done currently.

You could keep a copy of the turbine sources in the jetspeed cvs too
- at least while working with unreleased turbine code.  This gives
you the backup of knowing you have the source.

The turbine tree has been moved a few times - so knowing the date/tag
of the version you are using of it is not always sufficient to get
the sources.

If the decision is to wait for an official, then so be it.

> I see there are reasons to update the jar, but I have been very
> confused
> by the fact that our jar *is* already called turbine-2.2b1.jar. I
> thought the change was already done.

Your not the only one   ;-)

Regards,
Chris