From "Chuck Johnson" <cdjo...@viviport.com>
Subject CVS portlet_api tag
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2001 20:03:10 GMT
All,

Is the portlet_api tag of the jetspeed repository supposed to run
successfully?  I was able to build it, but when I tried to run, I get the
following exceptions:

java.lang.NullPointerException at
org.apache.jetspeed.portal.controls.TitlePortletControl.getPortletOptions(Ti
tlePortletControl.java:193) at
org.apache.jetspeed.portal.controls.TitlePortletControl.getContent(TitlePort
letControl.java:120) at

Also, when trying to continue and log in, I get:

java.lang.Exception: The screen template: /html/en/US/Login.vm does not
exist in C:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1\webapps\jetspeed\/WEB-INF/templates/jsp, so
the TemplateService could not determine associated templates.

Which obviously looks misconfigured.  It's looking for a Velocity template
in the JSP tree.  Also, the VM tree in WEBINF/templates does not contain the
path /html/en/US.

Is there an easy explanation for this, or should I attempt to debug further?

Thanks,
Chuck

--
Charles D. Johnson

Vice President of Engineering
ViviPort, Inc., North Andover, Massachusetts USA
978.686.0096 | cdjohns@viviport.com | www.viviport.com