From Raphaƫl Luta <raphael.l...@networks.groupvu.com>
Subject Re: Roadmap for Turbine Upgrade
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2001 16:39:23 GMT
"Turpin, Jay" wrote:
> Are there any roadmaps for when the version of Turbine used in Jetspeed will
> be upgraded to a more recent build? There appears to be a number of new
> features built into the TurbineUser* classes that would simplify the code in
> the User Management pages. Specifically, TurbineUserPeer now contains
> doInsert(), doUpdate() and doDelete() methods that can take a TurbineUser
> object as a parameter, instead of having to code the criteria for an insert
> or update in the page itself.

We follow the TDK releases and adapt the Jetspeed codebase to the Turbine released
with the TDK.
This policy will likely change as Turbine prepares its release: we'll probably stick
to the stable Turbine branches 2.1, 2.2 and then release, unless there's a specific
Turbine patch required for regular Jetspeed operation.

Vivendi Universal Networks - Paris