portals-general mailing list archives

From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: What's up with WSRP4J?
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2008 20:54:09 GMT
On Oct 23, 2008, at 6:54 AM, Ralph Goers wrote:

> That is a very good question. I do know that we did a portal
> evaluation earlier this year and every vendor was planning on having
> WSRP 2.0 support during this year. The spec was finally approved
> this year.
>
> I seem to recall the OASIS site had links to the encumbrances. I
> can't find them now.

My observation is there hasn't been much interest in the project or
the standard.There are so many issues related to the project that,
unless someone steps up and starts working on this project, Im afraid
its going to continue down the same path.
I would hate to see that happen. If this standard is relevant, then we
really should  support this standard here at Apache Portals.