portals-bridges-user mailing list archives

From "Jesus Uribe Perez" <jeu...@gmail.com>
Subject Struts Bridge & PDF
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 10:13:36 GMT
Hi everyone,

   I'm developing a Struts application  using StrutsBridge that must be
accesed via Vignette Portal.

   In one of the steps, I need to stream a PDF (it would also be accepted if
the PDF appears in a different window). For that, I obtain the OutputStream
and stream the binary data in there.

   But when it runs in the Portal, the OutputStream object recovered from
the response is null and, of course, throws a NullPointerException when
trying to write. I have searched in this list and I've found that it's the
behaivour it must have, and the solution given is the use of an iframe. I
can't use iframe because the application must be at least AA level of
accesibility.

   Another point is that the PDF represents a form and contains a button
which makes a request again to the portlet, so I can't leave the portlet
context.

    So, my questions would be:

    1. How can the PDF stream be opened?
    2. Which is the url the button in the PDF form must have to invoke the
next struts action? Consider that in the PDF I cant use the struts tags.

    Best Regards and thanks in advance,