portals-bridges-user mailing list archives

From Josh.Just...@perficient.com
Subject logic:forward and errorPage not working
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 22:54:37 GMT

I can't seem to get two "forwarding"-related technologies working in my
Struts Bridge app: the Struts logic:forward tag and the @ page errorPage
directive.

Example of the first:

*******

<%@ taglib uri="http://struts.apache.org/tags-logic" prefix="logic" %>
<logic:forward name="dest-logic"/>

*******

Example of the second:

*******

<%@ page contentType="text/html;charset=UTF-8" language="java"
    errorPage="/jsp/dest-errorpage.jsp" %>
<% int foo = 1 / 0; // to throw an exception %>

*******

I've actually set up a sample portlet that tests these as well as a number
of other forwarding-related mechanisms (configured for Vignette Portal
right now):

http://joshjustice.com/struts-bridge-forwarding.war

Are there good alternatives for these to do forwarding from within a JSP?
Is it a matter of having someone write a Bridge version of the logic
taglib? Is this actually more of a JSR-168 issue than a Struts Bridge
issue?

I'm thinking of doing this primarily for error-handling and
security-checking purposes. Right now the best I can think of is a
TryCatchFinally tag that prints out a JavaScript redirect, but that hardly
seems ideal. Thanks for your help!

--
Josh Justice
josh.justice@perficient.com