portals-bridges-user mailing list archives

From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: Bug in FilterPortlet
Date Sun, 17 Sep 2006 09:41:38 GMT
Shinsuke SUGAYA wrote:
> Ate Douma wrote:
>> I've created the following JIRA issues for this:
>>   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PB-46
>>   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PB-47
>>   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PB-48
>>
>> Fixes already committed, ready for review :)
>
> I understood problems :) I thought it occurred on an
> original portlet.. Anyway, thank you for fixing them!
>
> It's okay to me. Can we release it as 1.0.1? (do you
> have a release plan for Portals Bridges?) If there
> are no other issues and objections, I would like to
> release the portlet filter.
Well, there are several other bridges components in 1.0.1-dev development which I would like
to release soon too.
Definitely before, or no later than the Jetspeed-2.1 release, but their are some pending changes
for struts-bridge 1.0.1
which I want to finish first and there are several open issues for the jsf-bridge which I
didn't (and still don't) have
time to look into which should be resolved first too.

Be able to release portletfilter (or any other component) independently from the other bridges
would be preferable, but
we need to think about how to handle/manage this first.
Currently, the JIRA Bridges project is setup to track changes and versions for *all* bridges
components as one,
so releasing portletfilter 1.0.1 would imply a release for all components.

The easiest solution right now would be resolving the other open issues first and release
all components which are
already in 1.0.1-dev development version.
After the 1.0.1 release we then can discuss if/how we can release bridges components independently
in the future.

If someone has time to spare to look into the open issues for the jsf-bridge would definitely
speed this up a lot.
I'm currently in the process of moving jobs and have very little time to spare right now,
not even for helping out on
the Jetspeed-2.1 release.

Thoughts?