portals-bridges-user mailing list archives

From Shinsuke SUGAYA <shins...@yahoo.co.jp>
Subject Re: conflict with ServletContextProvider & FilterPortlet
Date Sat, 16 Sep 2006 12:18:11 GMT
Scott Anderson wrote:
> I was hoping to use the ServletContextProvider interface for obtaining the
> ServletContext, ServletRequest, & ServletResponse given a FilterPortlet
> implementation. Unfortunately, the ServletContextProvider requires that it
> be provided a GenericPortlet which FilterPortlet is not. I am going to go
> ahead and roll my own FilterPortlet that is a subclass of GenericPortlet
> but
> I thought I'd note this inconsistency so that this problem can hopefully be
> resolved in a subsequent release of Portals Bridges.

As you may know if you checked FilterPortlet, it's JSR 168 compliant and
a very simple API! Therefore, IMO, FilterPortlet should keep simplicity
(actually, I do not want additonal dependencies..). So, to support it in
Portlet Filter project, I think that it's better to add extended FilterPortlet
to Portlet Filter release.

> Scott

[10th Anniversary] special auction campaign now!