portals-bridges-user mailing list archives

From Archana Turaga <atur...@gmail.com>
Subject refresh issue in jetspeed
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2005 03:25:46 GMT
Hi,
I'm posting this question also on this list...since it seems as the problem
lies in Struts bridges. The struts bridges is being used by Jetspeed 1.6 to
include in JSR 168 portlets. My problem is that:
Using the jetspeed PSML layout i configured menu items so that each link is
a portlet mapped to a definition in portlet.xml. In portlet.xml some
definitions have request parameters. Based on this one single JSP appears as
three different portlets in different mode (create /update/delete).

The problem is the last RenderRequest is remembered. Suppose i go to create
and do some processing. Basically submit some requests and this results in
another action page. I then go to another link and come back to the previous
link then instead of seeing the create page i see the action page...it does
seem as if the request was not issued again for the actual page.
Jonathin Hawkins suggested the portletmessaging library which is pretty
cool...since my communication is between webapps i may have to do extra work
setting that up. But i still do not see how that problem of issuing a fresh
request can be solved.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP. I need to understand first what is happening. Also this
is really a major road block.
Thanks for your time and patience. Do let me know if more info is needed.
Currently i'm trying to hack the StrutsPortlet.java to see if i can do some
intermediate hack.

Regards,
Archan