polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Community building...
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2018 23:38:15 GMT
Gang,

One thing that we didn't manage to do as an Apache project was to build a
community. On one hand Polygene is too different from "conventional
programming" for people to get their head around it, and on the other hand
Polygene is not fashionable in a world where everything is moving towards
polyglotism, slow networked (micro)services and Hadoop jobs which has
restrictive execution environments. People in general are falling back to
"the grind" of doing a lot of monotonous work manually.

Paul has more important priorities in life right now. Jiri and I are simply
too busy with other things. And I think it is time to consider Polygene to
be put into Attic.

WDYAT?

Cheers
--