polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Stanislav Muhametsin <stanislav.muhamet...@kapsi.fi>
Subject Re: Community building...
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2018 20:57:44 GMT
Hi Niclas,

It's sad to hear these news. I agree with you on on the "falling back to
the grind of doing a lot of monotonous work manually" point. I recently
started work on Java-related project, where coincidentally Hadoop and
microservices are at the core of the system, and the grind you mentioned
is very visible there. But even in non-Java-related stuff, the point
seems to hold still - there hasn't been a "productivity leap", at least
on a wide scale, into a model where programming is done 90% for the
business logic, and 10% for plumbing/monotonous stuff.

I guess there are many reasons for Polygene to fail to take off, one of
the most big I think is the fact that Polygene tries to build something
that is fundamentally different than the language it is written with.
Since there is no proper native language support, doing things the
"Polygene" way always incurs some mental overhead - something that many
developers are not ready to take on.

What does the "Attic" here mean? Will Polygene disappear from the
Web/Apache, or will it be put into some frozen state somewhere?