polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re-reopening of Jira
Date Sun, 29 Apr 2018 06:37:10 GMT
Sebb,

Do you re-open tickets of fixed bugs if the codebase has not been released
yet, but the fix is in the source repository? If you do, I am sure a lot of
people get irritated, I would. Most projects use Jira to show what has been
fixed in the code base, what has already been committed to SCM. Do you
disagree with this notion?

As I tried to explain, we treat the "Documentation" as part of the "source
release", versioned and immutable. So,
https://polygene.apache.org/java/3.0.0/what-is-cop.html, will never be
changed, no matter how many issues you open, just like the bugs in
commons-collections ver 3.2.0 will always remain in the tar.gz and in Maven
Central jar files., "as far as the public are concerned"

So, "as far as the public are concerned", this issue is fixed in the same
fashion and I don't appreciate the re-opening of that ticket...

Thank you
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer