polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject [Heads-up] JUnit 5
Date Sun, 15 Apr 2018 05:52:50 GMT
Gang,

I am in the process of converting all Polygene to JUnit 5, primarily
because the Extension system in JUnit 5 is much much nicer than that
available in JUnit 4.

I will also add Extensions for unit (single module or layered app) and
integration tests (with docker).
It should be easier to make nulti-module tests, and tests of entire
application in it's production form.

It is a massive undertaking, as I will not leverage the so called "vintage"
platform in JUnit 5, but be fully latest version across the board.

There is a branch on Git server, "Migrate_Junit5" and I am at a position
now where all non-@Rule dependent tests compiles, and I am pushing (from
airport, slow connection) that as I am writing this.

Cheers
Niclas