polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Merlin <paulmer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Logo contest
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2017 08:29:51 GMT
Le 2017-07-19 07:21, Niclas Hedhman a écrit :
> Heads-up,
>
> I have been running a design contest on 99designs.com and as usual
> received
> a lot of good contributions. 46 designs from 16 designers around the
> world.
>
> In a couple of hours, I need to select finalists, and they get the idea
> is
> that the finalists get another 3 days to improve, and I will set up a
> Poll
> for us all to select the winner among the best of these.
>
> I think I should simply drop (as I have done so far) everything that I
> would be unhappy with, down to something like 5 designs to vote on.
>
> WDYT?
>
> Cheers

Great!

What are the deliverables?

- Logo + Name
- Logo alone

I would prefer a vector format like SVG so we can scale the logo as we
see fit.
Producing reasonably sized bitmaps from the SVG should be easy for us to
do.

Ideally we would also get a .ico file, such small instances may need
manual refinement to show up nicely.
We can also handle this ourselves from a SVG if it's unpractical to ask
for it.

If we want to revamp the website according to the future logo we'll need
to extract a color scheme from it.
If the selected logo only has plain colors it will be easy, if it has
gradients or any other texture then we may want to ask the designer to
provide a selected color scheme that make sense with the logo.
Again, we could also handle this ourselves if it's unpractical to ask
for it.

Thank you Niclas for pushing this forward.
I can't wait to see the proposals!

Cheers