polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Press Release ; Apache Polygene Release 3.0
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2017 01:27:31 GMT
Sally,
below is a proposal for Press Release. The 3.0 is accepted and being
propagated in the download mirrors right now.

I have also posted a blog post that describes the changes in 3.0 in more
detail. I am not sure if we can/want/should include a link to it. Perhaps I
should post to the ASF blog as well (no idea how to do that)?
https://hedhman.wordpress.com/2017/07/28/apache-polygene-3-0-released/

Can you check, correct, suggest and plan for publish of this?

Thanks a lot.

The Apache Software Foundation announces Apache™ Polygene™ v3.0

*Open Source Composite Oriented Programming platform and tools provides
"New Energy For Java"*

*Forest Hill, MD –4 August 2015–* The Apache Software Foundation (ASF), the
all-volunteer developers, stewards, and incubators of more than 350 Open
Source projects and initiatives, announced today the immediate availability
of Apache™ Polygene™ Java Edition v.3.0, the Composite Oriented Programming
platform leveraging Java.
"Version 3.0 has been more work than any previous release." said Paul
Merlin, Vice President of Apache Polygene and Release Manager. "We have
rewritten large sections of the Polygene Runtime to leverage Java 8
platform, and decided to make all other changes that may break
compatibility with previous versions at the same time, to minimize user
impact.", he continued. "Going forward, we are determined to preserve
compatibility."

"In our new venture, I am again happy to use Polygene to simplify the
application modeling." said Jiri Jetmar, member of the Apache Polygene
Project Management Committee and long-time Polygene user. "Too many
features are crucial, but being able to not use JPA and have a better
persistence model is probably the most important one for us. There are very
few alternatives to JPA, and Polygene is simply the best.", claims Jiri.

"Apache Polygene's slogan --'New Energy for Java - Classes are Dead, Long
Live Interfaces' -- truly captures what Apache Polygene is really about:
designing software efficiently." said Niclas Hedhman, co-Founder of the
project. "Too many frameworks adds a lot of boilerplate and configuration
that is simply not needed. It just slows everyone down.".

Asking what the future holds for Polygene, Niclas replies "We are already
working on Polygene 3.1 with a code generator to get started more quickly.
Also in the works is an enterprise-friendly SQL entity store, to remove the
last objections of using Polygene in enterprise projects."
Polygene originated as Qi4j in 2007, and it's 10 year anniversary is
celebrated with the 9th supported release, and plans for 3 releases in the
next 12 months.

*Availability and Oversight*
Apache Polygene software is released under the Apache License v2.0 and is
overseen by a self-selected team of active contributors to the project. A
Project Management Committee (PMC) guides the Project's day-to-day
operations, including community development and product releases. For
downloads, documentation, and ways to become involved with Apache Polygene,
visit https://polygene.apache.org/

*About The Apache Software Foundation (ASF)*
<< SALLY: insert current footer >>

© The Apache Software Foundation. "Apache", "Polygene" and "Apache
Polygene" are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Apache Software
Foundation in the United States and/or other countries. All other brands
and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer