polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Press Release ; Apache Polygene Release 3.0
Date Sat, 29 Jul 2017 00:31:14 GMT
Take two;

The Apache Software Foundation announces Apache™ Polygene™ v3.0

*Forest Hill, MD –4 August 2015–* The Apache Software Foundation (ASF), the
all-volunteer developers, stewards, and incubators of more than 350 Open
Source projects and initiatives, announced today the immediate availability
of Apache™ Polygene™ version 3.0, the Java application framework of choice
for persistence-centric applications.
Apache Polygene delivers a comprehensive solution for creating business
applications, with dependency injection, aspect oriented programming,
persistence system, metrics and serialization, in a modular fashion with
dozens of extensions. Simply put; Application framework done right.

Apache Polygene 3.0 is a major release on Java 8, new serialization
subsystem, persistence system additions of Apache Cassandra and Apache
Geode entity stores, full Java Scripting API support and a focus for
delivery of REST API applications and microservices. Polygene 3.0 has many
improvements to make it easier to get started and is a critical release for
years to come.

"Apache Polygene's slogan --'New Energy for Java - Classes are Dead, Long
Live Interfaces' -- truly captures what Apache Polygene is really about:
designing software efficiently." said Niclas Hedhman, co-Founder of the
project. "Too many frameworks adds a lot of boilerplate and configuration
that is simply not needed. It just slows everyone down, and everyone is
looking for alternatives to JPA, and Polygene can deliver that, and much
more.".

Polygene originated as Qi4j in 2007, and it's 10 year anniversary is
celebrated with the 9th supported release, and plans for 3 releases in the
next 12 months.

*Availability and Oversight*
Apache Polygene software is released under the Apache License v2.0 and is
overseen by a self-selected team of active contributors to the project. A
Project Management Committee (PMC) guides the Project's day-to-day
operations, including community development and product releases. For
downloads, documentation, and ways to become involved with Apache Polygene,
visit https://polygene.apache.org/