polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Sally Khudairi ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Press Release ; Apache Polygene Release 3.0
Date Sat, 29 Jul 2017 01:26:31 GMT
Got it :-)

We'll make it work. Thanks again, and have a great weekend.

Warmly,
Sally

- - -
Vice President Marketing & Publicity
The Apache Software Foundation

Tel +1 617 921 8656
Skype sallykhudairi

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017, at 21:25, Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> That date (incl the one you spotted) was from the release in 2015... Almost to the day
2 years later, hence the confusion.>
> On Sat, Jul 29, 2017 at 9:17 AM, Sally Khudairi <sk@apache.org> wrote:>>
Brilliant, thank you, Niclas.

>>  I'll review/edit and incorporate some of the quotes into the
>>  draft as well.
>>  I'll also change the date to 2017 <g>
>>
>>  Curious: is there a specific reason why you're choosing 4 August for the announcement
date? We tend not to issue press releases past Wednesday if it can be avoided, as press coverage
diminishes towards the end of the week. So if there's flexibility there, let's see what makes
the best sense.>>  Cheers and chat soon,
>> Sally
>>
>>  - - -
>>  Vice President Marketing & Publicity
>>  The Apache Software Foundation
>>
>>  Tel +1 617 921 8656[1]
>>  Skype sallykhudairi
>>

>> On Fri, Jul 28, 2017, at 20:31, Niclas Hedhman wrote:>>  > Take two;
>>  > *The Apache Software Foundation announces Apache™ Polygene™ v3.0*>>

>>  > *Forest Hill, MD –4 August 2015–* The Apache Software Foundation (ASF),
the all-volunteer developers, stewards, and incubators of more than 350 Open Source projects
and initiatives, announced today the immediate availability of Apache™ Polygene™ version
3.0, the Java application framework of choice for persistence-centric applications.> Apache
Polygene delivers a comprehensive solution for creating business applications, with dependency
injection, aspect oriented programming, persistence system, metrics and serialization, in
a modular fashion with dozens of extensions. Simply put; Application framework done right.
persistence system additions of Apache Cassandra and Apache Geode entity stores, full Java
Scripting API support and a focus for delivery of REST API applications and microservices.
Polygene 3.0 has many improvements to make it easier to get started and is a critical release
for years to come.>
>>  > "Apache Polygene's slogan --'New Energy for Java - Classes are Dead, Long Live
Interfaces' -- truly captures what Apache Polygene is really about: designing software efficiently."
said Niclas Hedhman, co-Founder of the project. "Too many frameworks adds a lot of boilerplate
and configuration that is simply not needed. It just slows everyone down, and everyone is
looking for alternatives to JPA, and Polygene can deliver that, and much more.". >
>>  > Polygene originated as Qi4j in 2007, and it's 10 year anniversary is celebrated
with the 9th supported release, and plans for 3 releases in the next 12 months.>
>> > *Availability and Oversight*>>
>>
>>  > Apache Polygene software is released under the Apache License v2.0 and is overseen
by a self-selected team of active contributors to the project. A Project Management Committee
(PMC) guides the Project's day-to-day operations, including community development and product
releases. For downloads, documentation, and ways to become involved with Apache Polygene,
visit https://polygene.apache.org/>
>>  > On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 9:27 AM, Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org>
wrote:>> Sally,
>>  >> below is a proposal for Press Release. The 3.0 is accepted and being propagated
in the download mirrors right now.>>
>>  >> I have also posted a blog post that describes the changes in 3.0 in more
detail. I am not sure if we can/want/should include a link to it. Perhaps I should post to
the ASF blog as well (no idea how to do that)?>> https://hedhman.wordpress.com/2017/07/28/apache-polygene-3-0-released/>>
>>  >> Can you check, correct, suggest and plan for publish of this?
>>  >>
>>  >> Thanks a lot.
>>

>>  >>

>>  >> **Open Source Composite Oriented Programming platform and tools provides
"New Energy For Java"**>> *Forest Hill, MD –4 August 2015–* The Apache Software
Foundation (ASF), the all-volunteer developers, stewards, and incubators of more than 350
Open Source projects and initiatives, announced today the immediate availability of Apache™
Polygene™ Java Edition v.3.0, the Composite Oriented Programming platform leveraging Java.>>
"Version 3.0 has been more work than any previous release." said Paul Merlin, Vice President
of Apache Polygene and Release Manager. "We have rewritten large sections of the Polygene
Runtime to leverage Java 8 platform, and decided to make all other changes that may break
compatibility with previous versions at the same time, to minimize user impact.", he continued.
"Going forward, we are determined to preserve compatibility." >>
>>  >> "In our new venture, I am again happy to use Polygene to simplify the application
modeling." said Jiri Jetmar, member of the Apache Polygene Project Management Committee and
long-time Polygene user. "Too many features are crucial, but being able to not use JPA and
have a better persistence model is probably the most important one for us. There are very
few alternatives to JPA, and Polygene is simply the best.", claims Jiri.>> "Apache Polygene's
slogan --'New Energy for Java - Classes are Dead, Long Live Interfaces' -- truly captures
what Apache Polygene is really about: designing software efficiently." said Niclas Hedhman,
co-Founder of the project. "Too many frameworks adds a lot of boilerplate and configuration
that is simply not needed. It just slows everyone down.". >> Asking what the future
holds for Polygene, Niclas replies "We are already working on Polygene 3.1 with a code generator
to get started more quickly. Also in the works is an enterprise-friendly SQL entity store,
to remove the last objections of using Polygene in enterprise projects.">> Polygene
originated as Qi4j in 2007, and it's 10 year anniversary is celebrated with the 9th supported
release, and plans for 3 releases in the next 12 months.>> *Availability and Oversight*

>>  >> Apache Polygene software is released under the Apache License v2.0 and
is overseen by a self-selected team of active contributors to the project. A Project Management
Committee (PMC) guides the Project's day-to-day operations, including community development
and product releases. For downloads, documentation, and ways to become involved with Apache
Polygene, visit https://polygene.apache.org/>> *About The Apache Software Foundation
(ASF)*>> >> << SALLY: insert current footer >>

>>  >> © The Apache Software Foundation. "Apache", "Polygene" and "Apache Polygene"
are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation in the United States
and/or other countries. All other brands and trademarks are the property of their respective
owners.>>>>  >>
>>  >>
>>  >> --
>>  >>