polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Sally Khudairi ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Press Release ; Apache Polygene Release 3.0
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2017 02:34:22 GMT
Thanks, Niclas. I'll take a peek and suggest the best approach forward with this.
Warm regards,
Sally

- - -
Vice President Marketing & Publicity
The Apache Software Foundation

Tel +1 617 921 8656
Skype sallykhudairi

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017, at 21:27, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> Sally,
> below is a proposal for Press Release. The 3.0 is accepted and being propagated in the
download mirrors right now.>
> I have also posted a blog post that describes the changes in 3.0 in more detail. I am
not sure if we can/want/should include a link to it. Perhaps I should post to the ASF blog
as well (no idea how to do that)?> https://hedhman.wordpress.com/2017/07/28/apache-polygene-3-0-released/>

> Can you check, correct, suggest and plan for publish of this?
>
> Thanks a lot.
> *The Apache Software Foundation announces Apache™ Polygene™ v3.0*

> **Open Source Composite Oriented Programming platform and tools provides "New Energy
For Java"**> *Forest Hill, MD –4 August 2015–* The Apache Software Foundation (ASF),
the all-volunteer developers, stewards, and incubators of more than 350 Open Source projects
and initiatives, announced today the immediate availability of Apache™ Polygene™ Java
Edition v.3.0, the Composite Oriented Programming platform leveraging Java.> "Version 3.0
has been more work than any previous release." said Paul Merlin, Vice President of Apache
Polygene and Release Manager. "We have rewritten large sections of the Polygene Runtime to
leverage Java 8 platform, and decided to make all other changes that may break compatibility
with previous versions at the same time, to minimize user impact.", he continued. "Going forward,
we are determined to preserve compatibility." >
> "In our new venture, I am again happy to use Polygene to simplify the application modeling."
said Jiri Jetmar, member of the Apache Polygene Project Management Committee and long-time
Polygene user. "Too many features are crucial, but being able to not use JPA and have a better
persistence model is probably the most important one for us. There are very few alternatives
to JPA, and Polygene is simply the best.", claims Jiri.> "Apache Polygene's slogan --'New
Energy for Java - Classes are Dead, Long Live Interfaces' -- truly captures what Apache Polygene
is really about: designing software efficiently." said Niclas Hedhman, co-Founder of the project.
"Too many frameworks adds a lot of boilerplate and configuration that is simply not needed.
It just slows everyone down.". > Asking what the future holds for Polygene, Niclas replies
"We are already working on Polygene 3.1 with a code generator to get started more quickly.
Also in the works is an enterprise-friendly SQL entity store, to remove the last objections
of using Polygene in enterprise projects."> Polygene originated as Qi4j in 2007, and it's
10 year anniversary is celebrated with the 9th supported release, and plans for 3 releases
in the next 12 months.> *Availability and Oversight*

> Apache Polygene software is released under the Apache License v2.0 and is overseen by
a self-selected team of active contributors to the project. A Project Management Committee
(PMC) guides the Project's day-to-day operations, including community development and product
releases. For downloads, documentation, and ways to become involved with Apache Polygene,
visit https://polygene.apache.org/> *About The Apache Software Foundation (ASF)*
> << SALLY: insert current footer >>

> © The Apache Software Foundation. "Apache", "Polygene" and "Apache Polygene" are registered
trademarks or trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation in the United States and/or other
countries. All other brands and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.>