polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: yeoman-work back to develop
Date Sun, 04 Jun 2017 00:29:36 GMT
Thanks for this.

FYI, when I work on individual issues, I don't rely on test runs, because
they are generally too slow and as you said it isn't 'any' combination.

Instead I use a model json file, and run

    rm -rf * ; yo polygene --import=../model.json --noPrompt

which is mounted in IDE. There I can edit the generation to what I want it
to do, then paste in the resulting code back to the templates and run again.

But a few days ago, I was thinking about that format, and whether I should
change to what the toJson() in tools/model-detail/ generates. I think it is
the right thing to do, but it will take a while, and I am not convinced
that the toJson() will "remain", as I am kind of questioning the whole
visitor pattern and the extreme overlap with the Model itself, it feels
like repetition.

--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer